Social Media

I haven't disappeared!

Hello all, just wanted to write a quick short post to let you know I haven't gone into hiding or forgotten about my blog. If you were concerned, that is. :)

So what have I been up to in April? So far, school and now work. And traveling and illness. I can't believe it's already the end of the month, and I haven't done anything particularly riveting but I have been really busy all the same. I'm staying on my toes with graduate school, writing lots of papers, reading lots of things, giving lots of presentations, writing lots of notes. Typical. I'm also working on a post all about graduate school, as it is.

I spent almost a week back down in Texas, but as fate would have it I was really sick the week prior, and the week of. Good stuff. Nothing like flying and layovers when you have bronchitis. I'm still finishing up my meds, and as soon as I got back I fell under the weather with another less serious sort of illness...but that's not important. My point is, health wise, April has been kind of miserable, but I'm finally getting better. It doesn't help that I'm slightly angry at Chicago for being in the 40s still. I would give anything for a hot, hot Texas summer - I mean it!

I got a part-time (more like full-time, actually) job which I don't like already. Ha, how's that for news? I'm going to give it more time, though. I'll keep you updated on that as well.

I hate to be one to make these types of excuses for not blogging, because blogging itself isn't really about that, is it? Everyone is busy, and I've learned that if you work hard you have to play hard. I have a few blog posts I've been meaning to post, and have faith that I'm working on those. It's just lately I've felt overwhelmed, homesick, and just not in the cheeriest of moods, and I want my blog to be a reflection of my usual happy, positive self.

So give me a little time, and don't lose faith in me, is my point :).

Til next time!

Post a Comment

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Theme by STS