Social Media

obscure questions and screaming deadlines

Uh oh, look who's squeaking in under a tight deadline...precisely a quarter till November 3, and here is my very short day 2 post of NaBloPoMo!

I promise my content is being thought of and worked on--in fact, I had a nice little blog session mapped out for tonight but it turned into a movie marathon on the couch with my roommate. I had a lot of photos ready and everything but, well, you know. 

So, a la Myspace circa 2005, here's a short, sweet survey I found of "Obscure Questions". Whatever, I'm trying to not crash and burn at NaBloPoMo on only the second day. This counts dang it!


  • 1: What eye color do you find sexiest? Brown eyes have a 'boring' reputation, but I find they are quite sexy on (in?) a guy. That, and green. But there really aren't a lot of options. And I am possibly biased having brown eyes myself.
  • 2: White, milk, or dark chocolate mocha? Dark chocolate completely. The darker and more bitter, the better.
  • 3: If you could get a Sharpie tattoo on your back, what would it be? A panther. And then I would die of Sharpie poisoning--if this is such a thing.
  • 4: Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it? Small. I could talk about this for a while, but the short answer: yes, very much. I was glad to be safe, to always have friends, to know pratically everyone and be known by everyone, all the memories, the strength of community, and all the time I was nurtured there and was able to grow up, move away, and see the world outside of that small town, and both appreciate/understand/respect/learn from everything it meant to me.
  • 5: Your favorite adult as a child? (and not your parents, if they were your favorite) One of my aunts/uncles
  • 6: What kind of smoothie sounds really good right now? Chocolate malt shake. Which is totally not a smoothie.
  • 7: Most embarrassing moment from your elementary school years? I think I wet my pants in kindergarten, in the computer lab. Why were we in the computer lab?
  • 8: Most embarrassing moment from your middle school years? I wore a back brace for a year.
  • 9: Most embarrassing moment from your high school years? Boy dramas and emo music.
  • 10: Pirates or ninjas? Why? Ninjas. Because I'm half Asian? No, pirates have scurvy and drinking problems. Ninjas are silent and deadly, like the worst kind of farts.
  • 11: Have you ever climbed a tree more than twenty feet off the ground? No.
  • 12: Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing set? Yes and yes. Still have a swingset in the backyard.
  • 13: If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get? Honestly...a dog and a cat? A CATDOG. No, just a cat and a dog. I'm not crazy. I don't want a white tiger as a pet.
  • 14: What's your most favorite part of your body? I kind of like the whole package, which sounds super conceited. But I'll take the bait. Also this is way too personal, and hopefully anyone I'm related to is skimming over this question, but I would have to say my small boobs. Which is, I know, a weird answer, but I really like them. Suck it, societal beauty standards in America!!
  • 15: What's your most favorite part of your personality? I'm genuinely concerned about being a better person to and for people, particularly the ones I love. If you meet me, I will care the shit out of you. :D
  • 16: Madonna or Lady Gaga? Neither? Both? Who cares? Gaga. Madonna is kind of a thief, right? 
  • 17: Have you ever watched the Superbowl all the way through? Of course! Probably every one since around the beginning of high school, when I actually became interested in football.
  • 18: Have you ever watched any major sporting event drunk? Ha, are you kidding? I went to a huge public state school for college. The sporting events I was drunk at probably outweighs the sporting events I was not drunk at. Boom, answered.
  • 19: What's the most delicious food you've ever eaten in your life? This is like an impossible question. Something my Mom made, for sure. Or, Southern cooking from my aunts.
  • 20: Margarine or butter? Which did you grow up with? Butter, butter.
  • 21: Whole, skim, 1%, or 2% milk? (Did you know they make 1 1/2% milk?) I like skim, and whole on occasion (and in baking).
  • 22: Which continents have you been on? North America, Europe.
  • 23: Do you get motion sickness? Any horror stories? Thankfully, no.
  • 24: Backpacks or satchels? Satchels?
  • 25: Would you wear a rainbow jacket? A neon yellow sweater? Checkered pants? No, yes, no.
  • 26: What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Sailor Moon. It was a lifestyle, people.
  • 27: If you had to have a cow or a pig, which would you take? Why? Cow, for sure. Milk? And baby cows, possibly? Who wouldn't want that?
  • 28: If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be? CHICAGO!! Or London? Does London have a skyline? I'm going to say Parliament and Big Ben, then.
  • 29: Longest plane ride you've ever been on? 10 hour plane ride to London, from Houston.
  • 30: The latest you've ever slept? Probably like 7PM after a night of drinking, or when I was younger, after staying up all night at friends' houses. But then I don't think I even slept that late...
  • 31: Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures? Would you wear it if someone gave it you for free? No, and no. The whole ironic/hipster/lololo I'm so funny in my ugly sweater has kind of been beaten into the ground.
  • 32: Do you pick at scabs? Yeah. I collect them in jars to give to my future boyfriends.
  • 33: Favorite kind of bean? Kidney? Black? Pinto? I love black beans, and soy beans, and refried beans. And red beans.
  • 34: How far can you throw a baseball? About as far as I can throw a tomato. Because they are the same size and shape.
  • 35: If you had to move to another country, where would you move? South Korea in a heartbeat.
  • 36: Have you ever eaten Ethiopian food? Vietnamese? Korean? Nepalese? How was it? Yes, yes, yes, no. Delicious, delicious, super delicious, I want to try.
  • 37: Small, liberal arts school or public university? Why? Public university! More affordable, great quality instructors and more variety, more exposure to different peoples/cultures/ideologies/etc., better sports, alumni network.
  • 38: A relationship with love or one with sex? Love.
  • 39: Do you eat enough vegetables? I like to think so, yes. I do the 4 a day rule (4 veggies, 3 fruits). 
  • 40: Do you like horror movies? How about thrillers? I really do, despite how scared during and after I am. 
  • 41: Would you scratch a crotch itch in public? Gross, no? There are more complicated actions involved
  • 42: Do you swear in front of your parents? Not really.
  • 43: Coolest thing you've ever been for Halloween? A little ghost.
  • 44: If you could change your natural hair color, would you? To what? God, I'm boring. I wouldn't change it.
  • 45: Do you want to get married? Have kids? Yes and yes. When the time is right.
  • 46: Do you use a reusable water bottle? If not, you should. Absolutely I do! I use those Camelbak bite valve ones which are also BPA free, which is apparently something important.
  • 47: City or nature person? Nature, even though I am currently one of them city folk.
  • 48: Have you ever used something other than "makeup" as makeup? (Like paint? Markers?) I don't think so...I do use lipstick as blush quite often though. Does that count?
  • 49: Can you walk well in high heels? Even if you're a guy? Yes. I've run quite a few times in heels and not snapped my ankle/died, so I think I'm doing pretty good.
  • 50: Post 5 awesome things about yourself. BRAG AWAY! Badass cook. Funny. Smart. Love to laugh. Big heart.

Post a Comment

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Theme by STS