Social Media

roadtrippin part 2


Alabama, Arkansas,
I do love my ma and pa
Moats and boats and waterfalls
Alleyways and pay phone calls

I begin with a cute picture, of mom and pop sharing some popcorn. On a plate. On the console. If there's one thing about the Adams family, it's that we take lots of food and enough water to quench the thirst of a small village. And this is just for three - I fondly remember the red van-owning days before I was even a teenager, when Brian and I sat around a portable toilet. Practical, yes, and it eliminated the classic "he's on my side! He has his finger right by my face!!" complaints of children, but it was still a toilet. Sometimes we slept in the back, on a yo (Korean mattress sleeping mat of awesomeness). You'd think we would've invested in an RV or something, but there's something lovely about a family cramming themselves into a small vehicle with all of themselves and all of their things and turning tires across the country. Onward.


I bring options. Busting out an old favorite.

Not staged. In Missouri, trying to find a way around some construction.

Aaand let's just stop (not even crawl) for an hour. Great entertainment from the CB radio, though.  Reduced speed - no, really?

Stopping for the night and some much needed rest in Sikeston, MO.

Crossing the Mississippi!! It was exciting because it felt like a piece of home - couldn't tell you the times we've crossed the Mississippi down south. This time, we're just in a different part.

This is the actual crossing, but as I said earlier, taking care pictures is not my forte. It doesn't matter because the Mississippi runs a lot more narrow than the wide river I know.

In keeping with my theme of vehicular photography, this is my picture of the Illinois state sign. 

Rain, and you can just tell it is blustery outside.

Somehow I managed to get this clear picture in a very shaky truck, though. Not long after, the temp had dropped another ten degrees. Winter is coming...

I think the original reaction was, "That's a big ass cross!"

We're in Chicago!!!

Ah, home, let me go home,
Home is wherever I'm with you.

-Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes



Post a Comment

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Theme by STS